1. What is the role of the Administrator appointed by the IRDAI?
Ans: The Administrator shall conduct the management of the business of the insurer as per applicable provisions under the Insurance Act, 1938. The affairs of the insurer shall be managed by the Administrator. It will be the endeavor of the Administrator to ensure the servicing of the policyholders and to manage the affairs of the insurer in as smooth a manner as feasible.
2. Whether policy will be issued in respect of the proposal for insurance pending with the insurer?
Ans: Proposals for insurance pending with the insurer would be processed as per the terms & conditions of proposal and a decision on the same would be communicated not later than 15 days from the date of receipt of the proposal.
3. Whether renewal premium due under the existing policies shall be paid?
Ans: Under the existing policies with the life insurer, it is necessary and important to pay the premiums when due for continuing full coverage under the policy and to avoid lapsation of the policy.
4. Whether claims and other benefits (like policy loans) would be paid under existing policies?
Ans: All the policyholders’ requests for settlement of claims and other benefits would be processed, as per respective terms & conditions of the policy, within a period of 30 days from the date of receipt of all requirements.
5. Whether the insurer would continue to offer other policy servicing activities like address changes, registering nominations, acknowledging notice of assignments, revival of policies etc.?
Ans: Yes, the insurer would continue to offer all the policy servicing activities as per respective policy terms & conditions.
6. Who would answer questions about my policy?
Ans: For any specific policy, claim and other questions, please contact the life insurer’s call center number 1800-180-9000 or Email administrator-sahara [at] irda [dot] gov [dot] in